Pages

Let it SNOW

snow cursor

mustache cursor

Tumblr Mouse Cursors

Saturday 24 September 2011

Journalism Class








What do you say to STRICT ? HARD WORK? NERVOUS WRECK? That’s my definition of Journalism class. My teacher is Mr. Paul Geraño and yes he is STRICT, in real sense which is why I am a NERVOUS WRECK before, during and after his class. And don’t even let me get started on the word HARD WORK. We do so much thinking in that class that my brain is so sore!! Talk about manual labor for my brain! But on a more positive note, I think this is what a class should be…why? Am I crazy? No, It’s because in my Journalism class I learn a lot. My teacher is so serious about teaching us about grammar and he is careful about his pronunciations. That makes me also a serious and responsible student too! 

What makes this class interesting is the very creative visual aid materials that he presents.  He often makes use of the MDFT for a more interactive approach. This makes all of us wide awake, attentive and makes our learning fun.  Journalism is not just about grammar.  Religion is also integrated with this class because our class cannot start without saying a prayer.  And what’s nice with prayer now is that it is usually in the form of music or videos.  After our class, Sir Geraño would give us a quiz on current events to see if  we are updated with what’s happening around us. As for some personalities – Sir has his own “idol”.   It’s no other than our fellow Ilongga – Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago. It’s all because of the ways she talks.  As for Sir Geraño, he’s the kind of teacher I like – strict but has a sense of humor and learning is never boring…

Thank you sir for a new kind of learning. ♥♥




No comments:

Post a Comment